- He did it again!by Editorial StaffAt a Presidents’ Day special breakfast on February 19, 2024, Mike Price, KFØOWV. upgraded to General Class. He was one of eight gathered for a breakfast which was originally just a testing session and quickly turned into a Thursday-on-Monday PKARC style breakfast. Anyone wishing to be tested should contact Gary or Martha Auchard to make … Continue reading →
- Congrats Mike-KFØOWVby Editorial StaffOur newest Leavenworth-based Radio Amateur to pass the Technician exam is Mike Price. His first license was awarded on February 2, 2024 with call sign KFØOWV. Mike saw our new web site and reached out to find a place to take his Technician Class exam, which he passed with no problem at a club breakfast. … Continue reading →
- What’s On Your Bench?by Editorial StaffThe 15 who gathered at the February 1, 2024 club meeting were treated to several good demos and great information. We had two interested non-Hams and one brand new Technician waiting for his callsign. We also had a visitor from De Soto but he wasn’t feeling well and left. We looked at the new PKARC … Continue reading →
- New Ham – First Web Site Successby Editorial StaffShortly after the new club web site launched in January 2024, we received inquiries about becoming a Radio Amateur via the Contact Us feature. This morning, Mike Price became a Technician after taking his test at the weekly club breakfast at The Depot 1887. He found us through the web site. Our web site is … Continue reading →
- 2024 Theme: Year of Innovationby adminRadio Amateurs gathered at the January 4th meeting of the Pilot Knob Amateur Radio Club to look at events, projects, and challenges for 2024. Several attendees offered lists of projects that advance the amazing achievements of 2023. The common theme was that there is much innovation ahead in the areas of microwave “mesh” networking, repeater … Continue reading →
We meet the first Thursday of every month (except December) at 7:00 pm at the Pilgrim Community Church, 500 Arch Street, Leavenworth, Kansas. Visitors of all ages welcome.
We conduct testing for all Amateur Radio license classes by prior arrangement. Connect with us via the Contact page. Preferred venues for testing are Thursday morning breakfast at The Depot 1887 or in conjunction with our monthly meetings at Pilgrim Community Church.
Look for the latest Club News here!